Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween!



Lily's lunch for the friday before Halloween:

I didn't want to send too much, since I knew there was a party at school today, so here's what she got:

Ham and cheese slice sandwich on whole wheat
Food-safe marker pumpkin outline
Icing sugar pumpkin design
Grapes
White and orange cheddar cheese ghost and pumpkin (faces drawn with food-safe marker)

I had a funny time with this one... it was my first time trying to use a stencil, and as you can see, it didn't exactly turn out. I placed the stencil over the sandwich and proceeded to sprinkle the powdered sugar, only to realize that it didn't look anything like the pumpkin stencil, so I tried to blow it off, only to make a huge mess, haha.

I ended up just drawing on a pumpkin and hoping for the best. 
She ate it anyway though, so at least that part didn't fail :) 
I haven't decided yet if I'll try more stencils or not. 
We'll see...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...